V&V Test Engineer Co-Op - Fall 2023
DEKA Research & Development, located in Manchester, NH, has an opening for an Engineer Co-Op to work in a dynamic medical device R&D environment. This person will join a multi-disciplinary team that is working on prototype electro-mechanical systems that monitor, control, and manipulate biologic materials to enable the manufacturing and deployment of ground breaking medical devices. This position provides visibility to the device development process and hands-on experience with engineering prototypes, testing, and data analysis.
DEKA offers Internships and Co-Ops for full-time students* (must be at least 18 years of age). This position is for either a 6+ month Summer/ Fall 2023 Co-Op rotation (July-December) or a 10-12 week Fall 2023 Co-Op/Internship rotation (August to January).
How you will make an impact:
- Execute and provide feedback to team members on test procedures and results
- Assist in analysis of collected data
- Document and investigate observations made during testing
- Assist in engineering investigations
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate technical program
- Physics, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- Post-sophomore year required, post-junior preferred
- Experience with the following:
- Design of experiments
- MS Word, MS Excel
- Laboratory classes that include documentation of experiments
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Basic electrical circuits, breadboard, and soldering
- Creating parts and assemblies in CAD
- Programming experience with Python or C++
- Statistical evaluation experience (classroom or work)
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the world. It is now home to DEKA Research and Development, where we are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the modern age.
Behind DEKA’s brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering, design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and new ideas are always welcome and explored.
*Applicants should be aware that short-term housing options in Manchester, NH are limited and that DEKA is not able to assist with housing. However, we do have a partnership with New England College in Manchester. Many DEKA interns live in their residence halls that are just 0.5 miles walking distance to DEKA. Please visit their website for housing rates.
Public transportation is available and routes/schedules can be found by visiting the Manchester Transit Authority website, www.mtabus.org.
Please be aware that we try to make sure that our internship opportunities are well defined and will provide a unique experience. We understand that most candidates would like to know if they have a placement as soon as possible, but at DEKA it takes more time than other companies at we review every application that is submitted. We will try to let you know as soon as we can, but encourage you to pursue other opportunities as well.
*A full time student is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester at an undergraduate program, or a minimum of 9 credits per semester for a graduate program.