Vehicle Technologies Office: Electrification Technology Development Opportunity
SALARY: $47,684 - $85,000(and up)
- Stipend as support for their living and other expenses during this appointment. *Stipend rates are determined by DOE officials, and are based on the candidate’s academic and professional background.
- Health insurance allowance
- Up to $5,000 relocation reimbursement
- Up to $10,000 research materials and travel allowance
- Federal Holidays observed
Apply Today! https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-EERE-STP-VTO-2023-1300
Selections Start Soon! (Applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
The Electrification Technology Development Opportunity with the Vehicle Technologies Office (U.S. Department of Energy - EERE) is now accepting applications. Contribute to clean energy research and decarbonization of the nearly three trillion vehicle-miles traveled each day in the U.S.
What will I be doing? VTO seeks a talented and committed individual who will learn and engage in the following:
- Building relationships to engage programs and public-private partnerships to increase the speed of transitioning to EVs and deploying the supporting infrastructure.
- Participate in and organize meetings, workshops, and conferences with key community stakeholders and federal staff to augment R&D portfolio and suggest new initiatives to further the state of the art in transportation electrification and vehicle-grid integration
- Collect and analyze the latest science and engineering technological advances in state-of-the-art applications pertaining to electrification. Under the guidance of a mentor, consolidate knowledge and complete reporting for active technology R&D projects regarding technologies such as wireless charging, smart charging, extreme fast charging, vehicle-grid interfacing, cybersecurity, and electric drive systems.
- Under the guidance of a mentor, conduct technical reviews of projects funded by VTO.
- Collaborate and link research efforts supporting increased electric vehicle charging and electrification with broader initiatives such as increased generation from renewables and grid modernization.
- Collaborate and direct the modeling and analysis of vehicle charging infrastructure and electric grid integration.
- Under the guidance of a mentor, write and publish technical reports documenting the data, analysis, and resulting insights of work/projects performed.
- Research requirements and perform analysis, interpret technical reports and papers related to electric vehicles, the electric grid, and electric vehicle supply equipment.
- Collaborate with National Laboratory experts and DOE Headquarters contractors, project principal investigators, other Fellows, government, and industry representatives.
- Participate with other members of the Vehicle Technologies Office in the development of related documentation and reporting for assigned activities.
These activities will be carried out in collaboration with a team of federal employees at all levels, other fellows, support service contractors, and National Lab experts.
Why should I apply? You will become part of a group of highly trained researchers, scientists, and engineers with the education, background, and experience to be part of the workforce that supports the DOE's mission in the future. You will enhance your education and training in many areas including, but not limited to: vehicle and transport decarbonization, renewable energy, energy policy, bioenergy technologies, sustainable materials, workforce development research, technical review, cybersecurity, smart charging, equity in energy infrastructure, economic and environmental justice, climate justice, project management and development, and stakeholder engagement. You will have the opportunity to increase your marketability in multiple disciplines, collaborate with top scientists and engineers, and gain insight into career paths through your experiences and under the leadership of your mentor.
Location? Washington, D.C.
You must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and be pursuing, or completed requirements within the last 36 months for, a Master's or PhD.
Program Website: https://www.energy.gov/eere/education/energy-efficiency-and-renewable-energy-science-technology-and-policy-program
Questions? Email DOE-RPP@orise.orau.gov. Please list the reference code [DOE-EERE-STP-VTO-2023-1300] for this opportunity in the subject line of your email.