Continuous Improvement Intern
Summary of Major Responsibilities (Scope of Work)
The Continuous Improvement Intern will assist the Continuous Improvement team with improving efficiency and effectiveness of business processes that align to strategic objectives. There will be opportunity to work with several different functions at Exact based on the various projects that the CI team engages with for improvement efforts The position is intended to be a full opportunity for an engineering, business or science undergraduate to obtain hands-on continuous improvement, and project management experience in a corporate setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the Continuous Improvement team black belts to improve business processes.
- Document success stories for Nucleus (intranet page).
- Develop and implement mechanisms to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Prepare for the annual Continuous Improvement conference.
- Capture current project information.
- Collaborate with business teams as needed on various projects.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis tools is a bonus.
Education and Experience
- Enrollment towards bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Communications, or a Physical Science.
- Preference giving to candidates with a record of outstanding academic (and non-academic) achievement and/or ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with co-workers in person, via the telephone or by email (likely need to add in, ability to work on a virtual platform for entire day).
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.