Process Engineer II
The Process Engineer II position plays a vital role in plant operations by determining and implementing engineering solutions to manufacturing processes towards the goal of continual improvements. The incumbent must be able to execute industrial and manufacturing engineering functions at a high level of efficiency and efficacy within the organization, and support Factory Master Plans as necessary.
This position will serve our HTPG, located in Scottsboro, AL
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform capacity analysis, suggest changeover improvements, and specify new tooling.
- Suggest improvements with a lean focus.
- Complete implementation of process changes and improvements, and manufacturing facility projects. Support Factory Master Plans as necessary.
- Support day-to-day operations using tools of the engineering discipline.
- Develop and implement solutions that improve the quality and efficiency of the various manufacturing processes in fabrication and assembly operations.
- Apply various technical problem-solving techniques to evaluate recommended manufacturing improvement strategies and programs.
- Investigate, develop, and implement solutions to production bottlenecks and stoppages in production considering such factors as safety, ergonomics, quality, and cost.
- Investigate and analyze design, drawing, and engineering change orders for such factors as necessity for change, practicality, and economy of manufacture and determine plan of action necessary to control change.
- Initiate justifications, issue engineering procedures, order materials, and follow through to completion projects based on cost reduction and product or plant improvement.
- Clearly and effectively, present ideas and problem solutions to department heads and plant management.
- Analyze and plan manufacturing space, equipment, tooling, personnel and time requirements for the manufacture of current or new products.
- Analyze operations, processes, and manufacturing sequences to make improvements and reduce operating time and cost.
- Develop requests for approval of expenditures – capital, expense, and purchase requisitions.
- Develop, organize and lead plant level cross-functional project teams including personnel from Engineering, Quality, Materials/Purchasing, and Production (salaried and hourly).
- Lead Lean teams, Kaizen events, capital improvement projects, and 5S events.