Associate Process Control/Functional Saftey Eng
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Process Control and Functional Safety Engineer, are to:
- Work as a member of the Operational Technology and Support team;
- Support the functional safety and process control systems at the Soda Springs, Idaho production and mining facilities, and Rock Springs, Wyoming production facility;
- Assist the Lead Process Control and Functional Safety Engineer in developing the site functional safety program, protocols, procedures and training;
- Participate in Process Safety and Hazard Analysis (PHA) providing required information for the PHA team;
- Support design, configuration, development, implementation, optimization, maintenance, continuous improvement and long-term reliability of the functional safety program and components ensuring compliance with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) requirements as well as site, regional and global Bayer requirements;
- Support design, configuration, development, implementation, optimization, maintenance, continuous improvement, and long-term reliability of process control systems, including software, hardware, process control network, system security and disaster recovery;
- Adhere to process control design, configuration, standards and documentation;
- Observe procedures, guidelines, design standards, and technologies across the sites;
- Partner with Process and Manufacturing Engineering to implement control strategies that meet the needs of the business and manage the proper turnover of implemented control strategies to the customer, including proper documentation and training of area personnel and follow up for debugging or refinement;
- Work collaboratively with maintenance and plant operations, project, process, manufacturing and maintenance engineers, Operational Technology (OT) personnel at the facility;
- Represent sites on corporate teams;
- Participate in experience exchange and knowledge transfer with other site engineers and area personnel;
- Promote self-development, technical training, and technical mentoring to develop and engage other engineers and area personnel;
- Maintain an understanding of site operations, attend project reviews, and review Management of Change (MOC) tasks to determine and manage safety impacts;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements, OnePSS;
- Execute work as an individual and as part of a team;
- Manage multiple projects, tasks, responsibilities and changing priorities.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE (Leadership Intergrity Flexibility Efficiency) values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Team player;
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills and a high degree of personal initiative;
- Ability to perform work in a manufacturing plant environment;
- Strong safety ethic;
- Measure of success in plant and site performance, team development and accomplishments.
- Zero to two years’ experience;
- DeltaV experience.
YOUR APPLICATION Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
Location:United States : Idaho : Soda Springs
Contact Us Email:email@example.com