*Multiple opportunities are available, both in Tualatin, OR and Fremont, CA*
Together we move the Atoms that move the World
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
- Responsible for performing professional process engineering research, development, and evaluation in support of the company’s complex semiconductor capital equipment and systems
- Develop innovative technical solutions to challenging fabrication problems in semiconductor manufacturing
- Reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication, and evaluation of products. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing
- May conceive and plan projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in the processing or development of new processes
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process specifications
- Supports customer technology managers in the planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting of customer demos to defend existing process applications
- Works with customer and senior engineers cross functionally to understand roadmaps, process flow, inflection points, requirements, and business issues/challenges
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Works with cross-functional teams to get information and results needed
- Professionally represent the company to the customer
- Utilize knowledge of company’s product lines and services to keep existing/ potential customers informed when new/ additional needs are identified
- PhD with 1-2 years or no industry experience or MS Engineering degree with 2-3 years industry experience.
- Familiarity with working in a chemical laboratory
- Experience in surface preparation and analytical techniques
- Interest in advanced technology and an on-going desire to learn
- In-dept understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners
- Collaboration/Matrix environment mindset
Lam Research (“Lam” or the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer. Lam is committed to and reaffirms support of equal opportunity in employment and non-discrimination in employment policies, practices and procedures on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. It is the Company’s intention to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees.
We Look Forward to Your Application