Analog Devices (ADI) has just over $9 billion in revenue with offices around the world. As a global leader in the design and manufacturing of analog, mixed signal, power management and DSP integrated circuits, ADI is known for helping to solve its customers’ toughest engineering challenges. With a commitment to engineering for good, ADI strives to create a more sustainable future, while also focusing on its employees through mentoring programs, employee networks and continuous learning opportunities.
At ADI, you will learn from the brightest minds who are here to help you grow and succeed. You will make an impact through work on meaningful projects alongside a team of experts. ADI’s culture values aligned goals, work-life balance, continuous and life-long learning opportunities, and shared rewards.
Apply now for the opportunity to grow your career and help innovate ahead of what’s possible.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a highly motivated Packaging Engineer who will drive package development activities for ADI’s new and existing products. This position will be based in San Jose, CA.Job Description:
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Business Unit (BU) communications: good communication skills are needed to understand the package requirements and to influence package-related design decisions for new product development.
- Assembly subcontractor/OSATs communications: work closely with ADI’s oversea assembly subcontractor/OSATs for new package development and other package-related engineering activities. Late afternoon/early evening conference calls and oversea travels are expected.
- Cross functional team collaborations: work closely with reliability team, business units, and supply chain management team to provide package-related engineering support.
- Project management: plan and drive for on time delivery of development projects.
- Package bill of material (BOM) selection: solid understanding of mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties of materials, including semiconductors, metals, ceramics, and polymer composites.
- Package model and drawing creation: solid skills/experience in CAD tools are desired to create package design models and drawings for package development, simulation, and documentation.
- Package process development: experience in manufacturing control plan, process failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), process change notification (PCN), statistical process control (SPC), and design of experiment (DOE).
- Finite element analysis: experience in finite element analysis (thermal, stress, and electrical) is plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, or Electrical Engineering is required with 1-5 years of industrial working experience in related fields. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge in various packaging technology, process flow, material, qualification, and manufacturing implementation.
- Knowledge in IC package reliability requirements, failure analysis techniques, assembly process issues, etc