Engineering Technician – Cathode Powder Production
Tesla is scaling the production of novel cathode materials for battery electric vehicles. The Engineering Technician role within this team will participate in the development and production of new cathode active materials and engineering/troubleshooting of the processes by which these powders are produced. This requires working in a hands-on capacity with process equipment and powder materials.
· Support pilot operations team with achieving productivity and material quality targets on pilot plant equipment.
· Collecting and ensuring traceability of samples from both production runs and experimental operations.
· Troubleshoot pilot production equipment and schedule/conduct experimental operations.
· Execute engineering designed experiments to establish process and material optimization.
· Collaborate with research and process engineering teams to establish best practices for CAM production.
· Generate and maintain operations standard operating procedures.
· Strong understanding of physics/chemistry/mechanics fundamentals and ability to leverage this knowledge to solve challenging powder processing challenges.
· Mechanically capable and willing to engage with process equipment to conduct experimental operations.
· Team player who understands the need to build a collaborative spirit in sensitive chemical production environments.
· Responsible and safe worker.
Good to have
· Past exposure to chemical operations and/or manufacturing operations teams
· Knowledge of Li-ion batteries, cathode materials, or powder processing.
· Past experience in a R&D, powder production equipment, or materials development work.