About Prysmian Group
This is a unique position offering for a process engineering role in our High Voltage facility in Abbeville, SC.
The role will be based in Abbeville but the candidate will be part of a 5 year program to become an extra-high voltage/high voltage cable manufacturing process expert. Training will include several 3-5 month rotations to other Prysmian HV locations possibly including France, Italy, Netherlands, Finland, and China.
These training rotations will give the candidate hands-on experience of all of the cable making processes by becoming the operator and learning from other process experts. After these rotations the candidate will return to Abbeville to share and implement the best practices learned.
Prysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video, and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.
We are almost 29,000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us.
Team Overview and Job Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the position holder will exhibit energetic project management of process improvements that impact the bottom line in an exciting, challenging and performance driven organization.
- Demonstrate safety leadership and advance our Zero & Beyond safety culture.
- Share expertise through training and leading others in the use of best practices.
- Generate and evaluate the risk / reward priority of improvement opportunities. Be an advocate for Lean Sigma thinking.
- Achieve results and ensure sustainment of controls.
- Lead and influence teams of diverse individuals at various levels within the organization.
- Improve yield, efficiency, and capacity of processes in accordance with strategic business objectives.
- Develop, document, implement and sustain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Specification, procurement and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment and instrumentation, including capital cost justification and related documentation.
- Maintain presence on the shop floor and provide hands on troubleshooting of manufacturing processes and equipment to drive root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Maintain performance specifications and bills of material for all current products.
- Understand and analyze monthly Raw Material Balances to identify key areas of focus.
- Perform Lean Facilitator duties as required to implement and sustain lean initiatives throughout your area of responsibility.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline (or a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in related industry in lieu of degree) – required.
- Must have at least two (2) or more years of manufacturing experience (wire & cable experience preferred), and a proven track record of results in continuous improvement, process/manufacturing engineering– required
- A results driven individual with a proven track record in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong project management abilities with the ability to make complex decisions quickly.
- Experience working with extrusions (rubber or plastics) – preferred.
- Proven ability to use DOE and SPC techniques (Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt experience is a plus).
- Able to manage and execute multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a daily basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with operators up to executives and customers.
- Flexible work schedule to support facility that runs 24 hrs. a day, 7 days week.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Works out of a normal office environment (20-25%) and on production floor (75-80%).
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact us at