Ag Processing Inc is currently hiring a Process Engineer at our refinery plant in St. Joseph, MO. The engineer in this role will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities concerned with designing, construction, and maintenance of our plant equipment and machinery. In doing so this person will also establish the standards and policies according to safety regulations and food safety guidelines. This person will also oversee projects from concept through completion and will test existing and new equipment.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of documentation standards
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and possesses strong attention to detail
- Skilled in prioritizing and handling multiple work assignments.
- Able to make sound decisions.
- Able to organize employee schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Ability to present ideas and knowledge through public speaking and written communication.
- Familiar with general production policies and procedures.
- Experience with construction and engineering practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the general industry regulations and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Ag Processing Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
- Develop conceptual designs of projects to determine project requirements.
- Develop modifications to existing facilities to support the project.
- Create cost estimates to determine if projects are feasible.
- Coordinate projects at any stage (including a budget, operations, purchasing, and schedule changes in support of construction activities).
- Complete calculations and analyses to determine modifications that can resolve operational problems and/or support projects.
- Compile bid packages with supporting documentation that ensures complete and comparable bids can be received on the project.
- Create drawings (including general arrangements, flow diagrams, and site plans to support work for projects).
- Assist in the development and administrating of operating procedures and training programs for employees.
- Support the safety and food safety programs by participating on the Food Safety Team.
- Take ownership of Refinery Manager, Refinery Superintendent, and Compliance Coordinator tasks as needed when those individuals are absent.
Ag Processing Inc (AGP) is a cooperative that processes sells and transports soybeans, grains, and related products. Our organization has become one of the largest soybean processing cooperatives in the world and our plants process soybeans so that it can be used in a variety of products such as animal feed, vegetable oil, and biofuels. AGP values its employees by offering competitive pay and a benefit package that includes:
- 100% employer funded pension plan
- 401k retirement plan (Roth or Traditional options) with a company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account, medical and dependent care flex spending accounts
- Long term & short term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays