Associate Engineer, Process Sustaining Engineering (Wilmington, MA)
Come join Analog Devices (ADI) – a place where Innovation meets Impact. For more than 55 years, Analog Devices has been inventing new breakthrough technologies that transform lives. At ADI you will work alongside the brightest minds to collaborate on solving complex problems that matter from autonomous vehicles, drones and factories to augmented reality and remote healthcare.
ADI fosters a culture that focuses on employees through beneficial programs, aligned goals, continuous learning opportunities, and practices that create a more sustainable future.
ADI At A Glance
Analog Devices operates at the center of the modern digital economy, converting real-world phenomena into actionable insight with its comprehensive suite of analog and mixed signal, power management, radio frequency (RF), and digital and sensor technologies. ADI serves 125,000 customers worldwide with more than 75,000 products in the industrial, communications, automotive, and consumer markets. ADI is headquartered in Wilmington, MA. Visit http://www.analog.com.
- Candidate must be graduating in 2022/2023 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics, or Electrical Engineering with a focus on the prior disciplines
- Candidate must be able to work in a clean room Wafer Fab environment
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments, and/or Lean Manufacturing is desirable
- Prior experience working in a semiconductor fab or similar environment or working with semiconductor processing equipment is a plus
- Must be comfortable and able to be successful working both in a team setting, as well as independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to do critical thinking and multi-tasking is essential
- Shows high level of initiative
- Experience using M/S Excel and Word. Familiarity with M/S Project is a plus.
- Entry level Wafer Fab process sustaining engineering position
- Requires individual to work as a team with other semiconductor process engineers in Wafer Fab. Initial responsibilities will be in the areas of Chemical and Physical Vapor Deposition (PECVD, LPCVD, Thin Films, SOG and associated metrology equipment).
- Candidate will have responsibility for providing process sustaining engineering support to the Wafer Fab. This includes root cause analysis to develop process improvements, as well as utilizing Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques to monitor and address and improve process variation.
- Candidate will be required to work on continuous improvement projects, all in support of improving productivity and fabrication yields and lowering costs, in Wafer Fab.
- Candidate will also be working on machine learning projects to reduce reliance on monitor wafers and to use output data, from equipment, instead to control processes.
- Individual will be working in clean room Wafer Fab, sometimes for extended periods of time, to perform their duties; and therefore, person must be capable and comfortable following all cleanroom gowning protocols
- Individual will be working closely with other Wafer Fab groups, such as manufacturing operators, equipment maintenance technicians, equipment engineers, device engineers, Facilities, Quality, Reliability and Development
- Duties also include supporting any development activites related to new products or new processes
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We foster a culture where everyone has an opportunity to succeed regardless of their race, color, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, social or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, union membership, and political affiliation, or any other legally protected group.
EEO is the Law: Notice of Applicant Rights Under the Law
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No