MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER IOWA CITY ORAL CARE
MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER IOWA CITY ORAL CARE
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face. P&G has positions available at various technical centers and plants (including Cincinnati) across the United States.
How would you like to improve machinery and process systems? At the Iowa City Oral Care Plant, we want entry level candidates who can handle dynamic work environments and who know how to think outside of the box. We rely on our Process Engineers in Manufacturing and our Physical Distribution Centers to make our products to the highest of standards. If you would like to be a part of this process, then we want you to apply!
Are you ready for the challenge?
Meaningful work on Day 1
We produce high-quality products and need to do so on-time and at a low cost. We value your creativity and skill in analyzing and solving some big, meaningful problems. From the beginning, you will be leading projects that matter and guiding teams that will impact the production of globally recognized branded products. Our manufacturing process engineers help us get things done!
We offer you:
- An impactful career path, with meaningful work from the beginning
- Continuous mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- The opportunity to learn and work with the world-renowned technologies
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our leading products
- A diverse, multifaceted work environment passionate about safety and quality
We are seeking individuals with the following qualities:
- The ability to problem solve and collaborate in teams
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and eager to learn new skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management, and analytical skills
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, hands-on manufacturing environment with technicians and equipment
What will you do?
Where you work depends on a number of things. Manufacturing Process Engineers lead our efforts to identify and drive out losses through standards and system development. They support the daily activities of the production line and/or processing areas, and build long term capability into their area, systems, and technicians. Daily work could encompass any of the following:
- Identifying, prioritizing, analyzing, and eliminating losses and inefficiencies
- Delivery and start-up of new equipment, initiatives, and projects
- Collaborating with technical experts, other functions, and other manufacturing sites to create the best solutions
- Creating learning programs and coaching and training technicians
- Creating and improving standards to enable us to achieve the performance targets for the production line
- Understanding and working with state-of-the-art robotics and automated equipment
The Iowa City Oral Care Plant is a growing and innovative plant with many opportunities for personal growth and development!
Iowa City, home of the University of Iowa, has a rich and diverse local culture, excellent health care services, a strong educational system and vibrant and active local community groups. The Iowa City area is one of the nation's best kept secrets with an excellent quality of life. Kiplinger's Personal Finance ranks Iowa City No. 10 of 50 "smart" cities noted for economic vitality and quality of life.
More Information about City of Iowa City: http://www.iowacityareadevelopment.com/live/
You are a good fit here if you:
- Have a BS/MS degree in engineering. We prefer Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering, though we may also consider other engineering.
- Have a BS/MS Degree in Supply Chain Management. Logistics or Business Minor
- Are willing to travel on the job on occasion. It really depends on your position, but we want to make sure you are ok travelling for this job.
- Are willing to relocate during your career.
- Have less than 2 years relevant work experience
Just So You Know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.