Process Control Engineer
Together for a cleaner, healthier world.
This position is responsible for the PGM and Non PGM coating on each line within Manufacturing. The incumbent is responsible for the immediate actions required to set up, monitor and trouble shoot the equipment associated with manufacturing as well as monitoring and controlling the production process.
- Comply with all local environmental & health and safety regulations and company policies.
- Lead the efforts to optimize the process parameters in order to improve cycle times (efficiency), minimize rejects (LTY), avoid waste and reduce downtime while accomplishing with the manufacturing plan.
- Interact with the Maintenance, Washcoat, Quality, Process Engineering, and Automation teams in solving process / equipment problems and ensures the proper operation of all equipment on the production lines.
- Support the implementation of new technologies through new procedures and training of new or existing personnel while continue making suggestions to procedural or process improvements to meet or increase plant’s performance.
- Embeds a culture of continuous improvement, continually striving to improve performance, standards & processes driving efficiencies. Identifies & implements best practice principles.
- Responsible for immediate actions to ensure that product meets customer specifications.
- Collect data and complete information needed as part of the nature of the job (process control data, day to day logistics, shift summary, Incident Report, Maintenance Request, etc.).
- Participate on and possibly lead varied Lean Manufacturing teams such as Kaizen or 5S.
- Ensure the effective utilization of coating solutions so minimal waste is generated while accomplishing duties.
- Follow and maintain all the documentation associated with their activities as defined in the Quality Management System.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on specific operating results or activities as indicated by their Supervisor.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering; or any equivalent relevant combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work desirable
- Familiarity with statistical methods for data analysis desirable
- Strong mechanical, analytical, and technical skills desirable
- 2+ years Production and / or Catalyst Manufacturing experience
- 1+ years batch process experience preferred
How you will be rewarded:
We offer a competitive compensation and JM Elements benefits package including bonus, excellent pension contributions and 20 days annual leave (varies for shift- based roles). Our JM Elements Benefits programme helps our employees understand and manage the JM benefits, as well as helping you focus on your overall wellbeing – for you and your family.
We use our inspiring science and technology to enhance lives. For those who are passionate about sustainable solutions and shaping our markets, we offer stretch and a wealth of diverse opportunities.
We’ll give you freedom to bring your whole self to work and be part of a team where difference matters and all voices are heard, that genuinely cares for you and where your contribution is appreciated. We’ll empower you to lean in and make things happen, to create solutions and value for our customers. United by our values and vision, we’re self-starters sharing the same values and accountability and always with a shared commitment to doing the right thing. We’re passionate about making a difference and delivering a better tomorrow for us and for you – a cleaner and healthier world, today and for future generations.
All applications are carefully considered and your details will be stored on our secure Application Management System. This is used throughout Johnson Matthey for the selection of suitable candidates for our vacancies as they arise. Johnson Matthey respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. For more information about how your personal data is used please view our privacy notice: matthey.com/en/website-information/privacy-notice
You will be contacted by the Johnson Matthey Talent Acquisition team once your details have been reviewed. Please allow four weeks from the closing date to allow for screening to take place.
We appreciate the time and effort taken in completing an application.
By applying for this role and creating an account you are agreeing to Johnson Matthey Privacy Notice
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online. For any queries or should you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application please let your recruiter know when they contact you.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.