Shift Development Engineer
At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
The Shift Development Engineer will conduct and support projects for the development of new products, services, and related processes with a focus on manufacturability, cost improvement, and quality. This support will include both the technical and operational aspects of product, service and process development following the Stage Gate Process.
The incumbent must be able to operate both individually and in teams and will support new product, service and process transfer to Operations. The position requires the associate to work closely with both the Technology & Innovation team and Operations, as well as support the Sales and Marketing teams as needed.
You Will have the Opportunity to:
- Develop and perform metal, precious metal or chemical processes employing techniques appropriate to the task to maintain or improve the Company's competitive market position.
- Drive sound problem solving using Lean Sigma (LS) methodology or similar. Collect, summarize, and present conclusions.
- Develop SOPs, Work Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams, FMEAs and Control Plans for new PPC services and processes in cooperation with Operations/PE.
- Working with other engineers, determines critical process metrics that can be monitored on a regular basis. Work with Quality Assurance functions to develop and implement Statistical Process Controls for assigned production processes. Provide support in the collection and interpretation of metric data (e.g. SPC charting).
- Working with other engineers, investigates and proposes new production procedures and methods to automate, improve, and/or scale-up existing processes. Utilizing the General Process Change control system implements changes, providing progress reports and financial evaluations.
- Rotational assignments in other locations supported by Materion.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM/Science area, including Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on technical and/or design projects and teams.
- Good written and presentation skills.
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from approval for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction.