Digital Signal Process Engineer, Early Career
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a new grad Digital Signal Processing Engineer you will learn from experience engineers on how to propose concepts to solve complex customer problems. You will learn how to implement the system along with other system engineers by leveraging technology assets across ViaSat and our partners. The products and systems you will learn and help to define are in SIGINT, RADAR, and communication applications. You will help build system solutions to solve a wide range of radar and communication problems. You will work with interdisciplinary teams including Systems, Software, RF circuits, hardware engineers, and others. You will be given the autonomy to complete your tasks and have access to highly experienced engineers and subject matter experts to help you succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Course work in random processing, communication theory, and spectral analysis
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to perform system level analysis
- Ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- US government position - US Citizenship required
- Up to 10% travel
- Currently MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as Matlab, C/C++, Python
- Experience writing discrete-time simulations
- Knowledge of RF or networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of Space-Time Adaptive Processing (STAP)
- Knowledge of AESA/phased array, Radar, SIGINT, or electronic warfare
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!