Fall 2022 Graduates: Full-Time Fire Protection Engineering Positions
As a member of our fire protection engineering team, successful candidates will assist in designing many fire and life safety systems including: wet, dry, preaction and deluge sprinkler systems, foam, water spray, clean agent, wet and dry chemical and clean agent fire suppression systems, fire pumps, water tanks, standpipes, smoke management systems, and building fire alarm and mass notification systems. You will also be involved in building code and life safety code reviews, review of hazardous materials, design and analysis of building egress and passive fire protection systems, and reviews of existing buildings for compliance with applicable building and fire codes. You will also be involved in the construction and commissioning process.
Successful candidates will:
· Assist in the design and specification of fire suppression systems including wet-pipe, dry-pipe, preaction, deluge, fire pumps, and storage tanks on a wide variety of project types. Knowledge of special systems such as foam, spray, mist, clean agent, wet/dry chemical, and carbon dioxide is preferred.
· Assist in the design and specification of fire alarm systems, mass notification systems, and releasing systems. Knowledge of manual, electric, and pneumatic releasing, as well as cross-zoning and flame detection is preferred.
· Perform hydraulic calculations and work with outside resources to incorporate special hazard systems.
· Assist in preparation of comprehensive fire protection packages including fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke evacuation, and life safety.
· Apply sound fire protection engineering principles to assist in troubleshooting and solving client related problems.
· Assist field personnel in resolving design related installation issues.
· Assist in the construction administration process including review of contractor shop drawings, field inspection, and testing and commissioning.
Opportunities for our Fire Protection Engineers exist in multiple market segments and locations. Market segments include Global Facilities & Aviation & Federal. Specific assignments and project work vary depending on the market segments and locations.
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection or Mechanical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Fire Protection or Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Involvement on campus or in the community.
- Basic knowledge in standard engineering techniques, principles and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.