Engineering Process Technician- Gigafactory Texas
Tesla is seeking energetic and highly motivated Engineering Technicians to join our pilot production team. You will be part of a new pilot program where your impact will contribute to laying the foundation for a new product line. You will have the opportunity to contribute to both process development and equipment improvement. A strong drive to learn new skills and acquire knowledge will enhance your ability to support production operations while your flexibility and communication skills enhance your ability to be team player.
- Adhere to company policies of safety and conduct.
- Operate and troubleshoot manufacturing processes through SPC or other data analysis.
- Ensuring process stability and quality of production output at assigned station.
- Help to develop, maintain and implement process changes and control plans.
- Write and update Manufacturing Instructions.
- Escalate issues to shift supervisor/manager and quality team when necessary.
- Support engineering activities including process and equipment validations.
- Train and provide leadership for associates on equipment operation and processes.
- Collaborate with both maintenance, quality and engineering teams to sustain and improve on key process metrics
- B.S. degree in a science or engineering field (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience in a pilot or production setting
- Able to interpret mechanical and electrical schematics as well as engineering drawings
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word
- Experience interpreting SPC, Process Capability, and Gauge R&R
- Knowledge in SQL, Python, Jupyter Notebook a plus
- Knowledge in basic material fabrication (3 axis mill, lathe, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge in CAD and GD&T a plus