Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Analytical R&D Team (ARDT) in Indianapolis, IN, USA, is seeking an Analytical Scientist to conduct research activities in support of process chemistry and formulation research and development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative crop protection products using state of the art analytical tools. The ideal candidate will have a fundamental understanding of chromatography separation sciences, experience in method development using LC, GC, and LC/GC-MS, and strong technical problem-solving ability. In addition, the ability to expand the separation science capability through fundamental research and its application to problem solving and method development are required for success. Contributions are needed for discovery, process development, registration, and commercialization of new active ingredients and formulated products. Candidates will need to lead a full range of analytical research from identification of new technologies to optimization of existing methodologies. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and growing your career.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Chromatographic method development to support process chemistry development, formulations, and manufacturing.
- Partner and collaborate with process chemists, engineers, formulation scientists etc. through project teams to deliver separation science solutions.
- Engage with key partners and stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of analytical needs and identify optimal chromatographic solutions and improvement opportunities.
- Provide scientific direction and drive analytical method development technologies through leading and implementing new methodologies and technologies.
- Lead research and development of new separation science capabilities.
- Effectively communicate and document progress of projects and timelines to diverse team members and stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional projects and represent analytical on cross-functional project teams.
- Advocate for excellence in analytical science with scientists throughout the company.
- Assist with proper application of all relevant analytical techniques to project goals to assure optimal methodology is applied to obtain the best data as efficiently as possible
Location can be either Indianapolis, IN or Midland, MI
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or related field with 3 or more years of relevant work experience is preferred; MS or BS with 5-10 years relevant experience will be considered.
- Extensive experience applying multiple LC and GC techniques for analytical method development is required.
- In-depth knowledge in Analytical and Separation Science; strong technical knowledge of theory, application and relevant instrumentation is required.
- Prior experience with SFC, LC/MS and GC/MS is preferred.
- Proficiency in utilizing scientific methodology to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to manage a broad scope of activities including but not limited to: conducting experiments, participating effectively in a team environment, assisting scientists from other disciplines with experimental design, and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively interact with customers, peers, plant personnel, R&D, scale-up personnel, and industrial experts.
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, networking, and computer skills to extract, evaluate data, and make sound technical decisions.
- Ability to communicate and document research results in reports, presentations, and publications.
- Ability to translate complex data into clear objectives and establish practical action plans.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a team environment.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!