Under direction of the laboratory supervisor and chemist prepare and analyze samples from all areas of Ray Operations using sample preparation methods and quantitative chemical analysis. Verify, record, and report daily production assay results in a timely manner.
- Generate and standardize laboratory solutions.
- Maintain, operate, and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform preparation of daily production shift samples.
- Use laboratory information management system (LIMS) to record and export assay results.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP's) and QA/QC practices.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory reagents and materials.
- Follow all company safety and environmental policies.
- Assist Mine Engineering Technicians with sample preparation and collection as needed.
- Assist Chemist with tasks/projects as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Aptitude to learn software, instrumentation, and analytical techniques.
- Ability to make basic mathematical calculations.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
- A desire to work as a team member and help others.
- Good communication skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED
Technical school or Associates Degree
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match.
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the view.