Application Engineer - Early in Career Opportunity!
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
We are actively recruiting a dynamic, early in career Application Engineer to join our team. We offer a flexible work environment which allows employees to work both on and off site, flexible hours, and no more tracking vacation time. At Applied Materials, you’ve earned it. If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
- Combine fundamental engineering, machine learning and AI to develop and apply differentiated service solutions
- Drive development and promote commercially viable and scalable service elements or products
- Identify, troubleshoot, and solve a wide range of complex engineering problems in semiconductor industry
- Capture field learning into models or knowledgebase
- Support account teams at customer sites with advanced digital tools to ensure KPI is met, and their efficiency is improved
- Recent graduate with an advanced degree in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Materials Engineering or related field. Must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Data Mining / Machine Learning skillset with training and experiences in SQL, Python, Java, or similar programming languages
- Understand semiconductor manufacturing process and key equipment; Exposure to FDC in a semiconductor fab a plus
- Able to solve complex problems, take a new perspective on existing solutions, and understand the big picture
- Able to understand customer needs and deliver results on time
- Flexible and adaptable mindset which thrives in a results-driven culture
- Comfortable working both in dynamic teams and independently; Constantly learn from and share with peers
- Flexible to work non-standard hours and a willingness to travel domestically or internationally about 25%
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.