We run one of the largest genome centers in the country and with that comes the necessity to maintain the quality of our testing. This research associate role is part of our Translational Development team and is responsible for developing and transferring technologies and product upgrades from R&D to our CLIA laboratory. The role requires a wide breadth of knowledge in wet and dry bench skills and an eagerness to collaborate across multiple disciplines at Myriad Women’s Health.
What you'll do:
- Method Research: invent assay methodologies that will enable expansion into new target markets
- Assay Development: develop new assay chemistries with the goal of minimizing cost and turnaround time while maintaining accuracy
- Sequencing Protocol Design: design panels for the latest sequence capture methods and optimize protocols for targeted clinical sequencing assays
Suggested qualifications (feel very encouraged to apply even if not all are met):
- You have a BA/BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry (or similar field), and 2+ years of full-time experience working in a laboratory utilizing molecular biology techniques.
- Previous experience working with minimal supervision is a plus.
- Able to accurately document your work and effectively communicate progress in written and verbal form.
- You are quantitative-minded and know your way around a computer. Actual programming experience and/or training in statistics is desirable.
- You are familiar with next-gen sequencing protocols and operation of Illumina or Ion Torrent instruments.
- Previous experience working with laboratory automation is a plus (Tecan, Bravo, Biomek, etc).
- Most importantly, you do not rest until you’ve optimized your experiments, and want to see them used in the clinical care of millions of patients.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.