Engineer in Training - Speed, IN
The Company and the Role:
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest construction materials companies in North America with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada. Our core activities include the production and distribution of cement and aggregates, the two essential raw materials in concrete. Lehigh Hanson companies also produce ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and other concrete products.
Lehigh Hanson is part of the HeidelbergCement Group, a global leader in aggregates, cement, concrete, and other downstream activities. The Group employs over 60,000 people at more than 3,000 locations in 60 countries.
This position is a training position for an entry-level engineer. You will participate in a structured 12-18 month training program designed to provide an overview of the cement plant operations, which includes rotations to our other North Region plants. As an EIT, you will support the operations in achieving production goals through partnering with experienced engineers and managers in different departments (safety, environmental, operations, maintenance, quality control, and quarry) and at different locations.
This position will reside in Speed, IN.
What you’ll get to do:
- Participate in production and maintenance meetings
- Learn basic supervisory skills by working side-by-side with supervisors
- Complete assigned project work
- Conduct root cause analysis
- Participate in various training programs
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program by suggesting changes in routines, personnel, equipment improvement, and process improvement
- Follow plant and OHSA Safety Policies, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor problems or reports compliance issues to the appropriate department for resolution
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering would be preferred however mechanical or electrical engineering would be considered with solid academic achievements
- Prior manufacturing exposure a plus
- Willingness to travel to other locations during the training program
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment with 24-hour operations
Benefits & Compensation:
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.