Product Development Engineer II
McFarlane Aviation is an industry leading developer, manufacturer, and distributor of FAA-PMA parts. We are growing and have open positions for experienced product development engineers that want to help us create those next great McFarlane products that we are known for.
If you are looking to make an impact at a company, crave a challenge and you are passionate about results then we suggest that you apply. At McFarlane you'll be part of a dedicated development team and be proud of the new products you create. We offer a full benefits package, competitive salary, a team centered environment, and a great location outside of Kansas City metro area.
Position: Product Development Engineer II
The Product Development Engineer II creates and helps lead the development of new aerospace products that meet FAA-PMA regulations for safety and functionality. This job involves reverse engineering, product development, prototyping and testing, and support of production and sales teams, and project management. The product development engineer must work as part of the team to development the new product(s), defining data, production specifications, and the PMA application package.
Position responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Help drive the growth of an industry leading aerospace company through new product development
· Develop and substantiate New FAA-PMA components and assemblies
· Lead and manage development projects
· Reverse Engineer existing products and develop superior solutions for these applications
· Develop 3D models, drawings, and the other data that defines McFarlane products
· Develop inspections and production specification for new product production
· Create, Submit, and support FAA-PMA design applications
· Coordinate and support engineering efforts for both prototyping and normal production
· Support and educate production, quality, and sales staff regarding newly developed products
· Complete Engineering changes to facilitate efficient production
· Answer product questions from our customers and support staff
Requirements and skills needed for success at this position:
- Minimum BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 1 to 3 years experience with product development
- Solid modeling experience is required; Autodesk Inventor is preferred
- Demonstrable experience dimensioning and tolerancing (ASME Y14.5M)
- Demonstrable experience structural design and analysis of mechanical components
- Demonstrable experience of material and coating selection
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis experience (FEA)
- Exceptional team and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to help organize, draft and deliver presentations to department leadership, the FAA, and outside customers
- The ideal candidate would have a passion for aviation.
Requirements computer skills:
· MS Office Suite
· 3D Modeling Software (Inventor, SolidWorks, Unigraphics, Etc.)
Additional skills that are desired:
· FAA product certification experience
· Hands on machine and manufacturing processes knowledge
· Aircraft maintenance experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.