Water/Wastewater Design Engineer- Philadelphia, PA
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked #51 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
A career-minded Design Engineer, looking for growth and advancement, is needed to join JMT’s fast growing water/wastewater consultant engineering practice. The selected candidate will work with a team of experienced project managers and professional engineers working on exciting water distribution / transmission, wastewater conveyance and rehabilitation, and facility designs. Sponsorship is not available for this position. As a condition of employment, hire will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination will need to be submitted as part of the interview/hiring process.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop construction plans and specifications for various design projects
- Assist with development of technical evaluation memoranda
- Assist with development of regulatory permitting packages
- Prepare engineering cost estimates
- Prepare design drawings using CAD and 3D design tools
- Review construction material submittals and perform occasional site inspections
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates must have the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-production office environment, build successful team relationships and maintain positive coworker interactions.
- Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with civil engineering principles, hydraulic designs, water and wastewater treatment process design, engineering economics, preparation of specifications and engineering report writing.
- The water/wastewater engineer must demonstrate organized practices, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have flexibility to support time-critical report development and production in order to meet demanding schedules.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- A passing grade on the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, ArcGIS, and MS Project are a plus.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Building Relationship and Teamwork
- Creativity and Innovation
- Job Proficiency
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.