Software Engineer Summer Intern
You’re an engineer that wants to develop software that helps our teams engineer biology in order to better understand and manipulate it. While prior expertise in biology or genomics is a plus, excellence in software engineering and the passion to learn are more important. As one of Octant's software engineering interns, you’ll have an opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact on Octant, while learning from some of the top scientists and engineers in the field.
Collaborating closely with our biology, chemistry, and informatics teams, you will: design and build tools and features that push the boundaries of synthetic biology, genomics, and drug discovery. As an early part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for designing systems and building tools that are used daily by our scientists.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE GREAT FOR YOU IF:
- Love writing code that people use on a day to day basis.
- Are a software engineer comfortable with many levels of the software stack, with demonstrated excellence going deep in some of them.
- Are capable of writing code to solve complex problems, but will use existing solutions where appropriate.
- Are passionate about learning from scientists, technologists, and experts in other fields.
- Can bring an engineering perspective to managing code and software architectures to the team.
- Thrive on getting things done, are eager to troubleshoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
For more information, please send a resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com and include "Software Engineer Intern” and your name in the email’s subject line.
Octant is located in the growing biotech/synthetic biology cluster on the Berkeley/Emeryville border.
Competitive compensation based on experience level.