Lab Technician Intern
This internship will run from Jan- April 2022. Intern will be responsible for assisting lab personnel in sample preparation, testing, analysis, and day-to-day maintenance of all lab equipment. Participate in distillations, record keeping, inventory, stocking and maintaining a clean and organized lab space.
- Ensure laboratory safety guidelines and good laboratory practices are followed at all times.
- Prepare, maintain, and perform analytical and chemical testing.
- Prepare and dispense solutions, chemical materials for lab use, which may include solvents, reagents, oils, aroma chemicals, acids, bases, buffers, and unknowns.
- Operate scientific equipment such as: GCMS, GCFID, Refractometer, Optical Rotation, Specific Gravity, Distillation and more.
- Perform organoleptic evaluations on essential oil samples and provide feedback on aroma profile and consistency.
- Assist in special projects and experiments as assigned.
- Monitor, collect, and process waste materials and chemical along. Properly process and dispose of waste.
- Assist in distillation of raw materials to obtain pure oil samples.
- Receive samples from customers and catalog samples in the appropriate manifest.
- Work with lab supervisor to ensure samples are retained and easily accessed.
- Receive and stock materials, supplies, inventories, and equipment for laboratory use.
- Clean up after each lab session by washing, and if necessary, sterilizing tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Science and related field
- Experience working in a lab or technical setting (preferred)
- Essential oil experience (preferred)
- Organizational skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals
- Able to work independently and safely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing skills
- Able to understand and follow laboratory safety procedures.