Structural Engineering Intern
OPENING: STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING INTERN
Civil Solutions Group (CSG) is a civil engineering, land surveying, and landscape architecture firm located in Providence, Utah. CSG focuses on sustainable engineering and planning practices. The following principles guide our consultation, planning, and design services at CSG:
· Planning Healthy Communities
· Designing and Engineering Sustainable Sites
· Creating Beautiful Landscapes
CSG is seeking one qualified structural engineering intern to join our team beginning immediately. This is a drafting and plan production position. The position will be full-time in the summer and part time during the school year (minimum of 15 hours during school). Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
· Model projects in REVIT.
· Review work and check redlines prior to giving new plot to Engineer
· Return completed redlines to Engineer for coordination
· Be willing to help Project Engineer with shop drawings and site observations where needed
· Follow office standards for all drawings
· Strive to produce accurate and error free drawings
· Become very familiar with architectural drawings and other consultant’s drawings
· Ask Engineer for appropriate information (sheet size and title blocks to be used) before starting to layout drawings
· Understand the structural systems to be used
· Coordinate physical changes within the set between architectural and structural
· Select typical details to be used from file library
CSG is looking for a student with studies focused in structural engineering. The candidate must be self-motivated and willing to work hard. The candidate shall have good verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work within a team setting. It is a pre-requisite that the candidate has experience with AutoCAD, REVIT, Word, and Excel.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are to email their resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com by December 3, 2021. This position may be filled prior to this deadline if the right candidate applies!