Entry Level Water Resources Engineer
Our Transportation Group in our Baltimore, MD office is currently looking for a Water Resources Engineer. Gannett Fleming is recognized as a national leader in transportation, providing a comprehensive range of services for major transportation systems and facilities – from planning, engineering, and design through construction management. The firm is consistently ranked among the country’s top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record; it is currently #16 among the Top 50 in Transportation firms. Furthermore, its highway and bridge projects are recognized time and again with both regional and national awards. Its key services include highway, bridge, traffic, transportation systems operations and ITS, incident/emergency management, toll facility, and tunnel design, as well as Design-Build delivery. Come join our team!
- The engineer will gain experience over time under supervision of a professional engineer and will be required to perform the following services:
- Provide design and drafting support for Water Resources aspects of highway design, site, and facility projects including storm drain systems, SWM facilities, erosion and sediment control and other related aspects.
- Assist in performing hydrologic and hydraulic calculations and technical writing in order to prepare reports and permit applications, including those for wetland and waterway construction, stormwater management and erosion and sediment control.
- Assist in performing field reviews of project sites to determine existing conditions to aid in the project design.
- Provide technical assistance for other design projects as needed, including stream restorations and bridge scour studies.