Process Engineer Boise ID
SCREEN USA SPE is seeking a Process Engineer to support SCREEN's expanding business needs to support the development of new manufacturing processes for advanced semiconductor devices alongside our customer engineers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead onsite development engagements between SCREEN Semiconductor Solutions and customer R&D engineering teams
- Work with customer and SCREEN service engineering team to understand, document and propose future hardware and process requirements and communicate these to factory development team based in Japan
- Work with the customer to develop new and improved cleaning and wet etching processes for advanced semiconductor applications on single wafer and batch tools
- Prepare clear status reports for technical and executive management teams at SCREEN and the customer.
- Accurate and effective communication is essential in this position. Japanese language skills are beneficial but not required
This position will be primarily based in Boise, ID. Opportunities will arise to travel to SCREEN Japan to support wafer demos and attend customer meetings. Some travel within the US to visit other customer sites (less than 10%).
Ideally, two years’ experience in FEOL or BEOL wet process engineering in a research and development role at a device manufacturer, semiconductor equipment manufacturer or university research laboratory.
Understanding of wet cleaning and etching processes and applications is favorable for this position.
Familiarity with SCREEN single wafer tools is desirable but not essential.
Full training will be provided from product and process experts in both US and Japan (Kyoto).
M.S. / B.S. / Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science or Physics.
Please apply through Indeed or send your resume/cover letter and job title to
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday