New College Grad Mask Designer, Process Engineering
The HDD Heads & Media Development Wafer Process Engineering team is looking for an entry level engineer to join our team and learn hands on as a Mask Designer for thin film heads. In this role you will support mask requirements for research, development and volume manufacturing. The Mask Designer will use 2-dimensional CAD to design photolithography masks for our leading edge head designs in Research and development as well as our continuous improvement projects in wafer manufacturing; and will work with design and process teams to produce high quality layouts per defined requirements and schedule. Ideal candidates will have recently earned or are pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Utilize 2D-CAD tools to design photolithography masks.
- Understand semiconductor fabrication steps and how they relate to mask design
- Initiate and lead design reviews with stakeholders
- Create engineering drawings
- Communicate with engineers to ensure all design requirements are documented and met
- Create scripts to expedite and review designs
- Maintain structured and organized file database
- Manage and prioritize demands from multiple projects at once
- Work with mask vendors to ensure mask specifications and schedules are understood and met
- Document final mask design product that was submitted and received into wafer factory.
- University students who graduated or are graduating from May 2020 to December 2021 with BS, MS or PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field
- Creative, self-motivated, self-learner with superior teamwork skills
- Active learning and/or hands-on project or research experience in semiconductor and nanotechnology fields
- Developing technical skills and area of study towards, but not limited to, CAD, wafer process or thin film deposition processes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work on the resolution of any issue and to interact with various interdepartmental engineering and support organizations
- Demonstrated project driving skills, capable of managing projects with set milestones and timeline, and ability to execute with minimal supervision
- Eligible Right to work in the US without requiring Western Digital to commence or sponsor an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case), preferred