Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Associate for our Biomechanics Practice in Phoenix, AZ. In this role, you will work as part of a team supporting product evaluations and executing biomechanics litigation consulting projects related to human movement and/or injury analyses. The role will involve developing and conducting experimental studies and/or computational analyses to evaluate human/product interaction including human movement patterns, loads, and pressures generated during use. You will be required to analyze and interpret data, and create technical presentations or reports which will be used to inform product decisions. Additionally, this will involve analysis of the human body response to forces generated during an incident to determine potential for injury, analysis of the incident to determine if and/or how an injury occurred, and analysis of how such injuries could have been mitigated (e.g., seatbelt use, helmet use).
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and executing human experiments and/or biomechanics computational evaluations for design and performance characterization
- Processing, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on complex large-scale human studies and/or computation evaluations outcomes
- Writing proposals to initiate and/or support new opportunities related to human-product interactions
- Reviewing both technical and non-technical materials extensively to identify key facts and information (this may include reviewing police reports, medical/autopsy records, legal pleadings, expert reports, deposition testimony, photographs, vehicle specifications, and other documentation)
- Researching and reviewing relevant scientific journals, publications, and testing, and analyzing and synthesizing technical biomechanical issues involving kinematics, dynamics, mechanisms of injury, and human tolerance
- Demonstrating the ability to synthesize technical information into an easily understood format suitable for presentation to technical and non-technical audiences
- Managing projects with effective cost control measures
- Assisting in conducting research, publishing reports and papers in technical journals, and presenting findings at meetings and conferences
- Actively participating in our Biomechanics Practice and assisting in marketing the groups technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Biomechanics, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in study design and associated statistical analyses
- Experience in conducting or working with computational models to systematically evaluate biomechanical outcomes, but not required
- Experience or familiarity with conducting technical analyses pertaining to injury potential, injury mechanisms, and injury mitigation in accident scenarios, but not required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of professionals, including engineers, scientists, managers, attorneys, and administrative staff
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.