(#R2022) Corporate Responsibility Intern - Corporate Sustainability
Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Façade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Thornton Tomasetti’s Corporate Responsibility Department is seeking an Intern to support our efforts to advance ESG/sustainability in our business operations and professional services, and to meet our corporate responsibility goals.
Thornton Tomasetti’s Corporate Responsibility Department sets goals for practices and operations, manages the implementation, measures the progress, and publicly reports on what we are doing. The Corporate Responsibility Intern is integral to the success of the department.
- Assist in advancing our ESG reporting in accordance with Global Reporting Initiative standards and the United Nations Global Compact.
- Conduct research on cutting-edge directions in corporate responsibility.
- Organize and analyze data related to sustainability reporting.
- Support a team of Green Champions, employees in our office locations around the world working to meet corporate responsibility goals locally.
- Collaborate with our employees across the country and oversees in order to gather reliable data.
- Put together charts and presentations based on findings.
- Write blog articles and help develop other communications material as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Recent graduates or graduate students preferred.
- Excellent academic records (above 3.0/B grade point average).
- An academic interest in sustainability, energy, business, engineering and/or architecture preferred. (Please note this is not an engineering or architecture internship.)
- A career interest in sustainability and organizational change.
- Some prior experience with sustainability standards, reporting or carbon footprint assessments.
- Prior experience working for campus or corporate sustainability programs is a plus.
- Strong experience using Excel for data management.
- Experience using PowerPoint for presentations.
- Experience doing on-line research.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-directed, practical and analytical.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
(US Locations Only) In our culture of collaboration and innovation, we find we do our best work when we are together while minimizing the risks of COVID-19. For new hires at Thornton Tomasetti, we require COVID-19 vaccination to the extent allowed by access and permitted by government jurisdiction in your area and barring any religious or medically approved exemption.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.