Systems Test Engineer Intern
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As an intern at Viasat Arizona, we will strive to provide you with tasking on real programs where your work product will be contributing to the success of the program. You will be working and learning alongside experience engineers and have access to domain specialists. In general, as a system test engineer you will be supporting the hardware and software development of custom test systems used to support the development, characterization, troubleshooting, and production of custom products that we craft such as microwave/millimeter wave power amplifier IC’s, mix signal IC’s, RF transceivers, phase arrays, sensors, RF sub-assemblies, and space payloads that may be used in government, commercial, and space applications. Depending on the phase of the project, tasking can range from developing test requirements, developing test plans/procedures, designing test hardware, designing test software, and/or supporting the testing, characterization, and troubleshooting of deliverable/production hardware.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related subject area
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as C#, Python, or C++
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Knowledge in software development processes
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Knowledge of programming and controlling test equipment through SCPI commands
- Knowledge of RF amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
- Understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, network analyzers, noise figure meters, and signal generators
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!