Hardware Engineer Intern
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As an intern at Viasat Arizona we will strive to provide you with tasking on real programs where your work product will be contributing to the success of the program. As a Digital Signal Processing Engineer Intern, you will be working and learning alongside experience engineers and have access to domain specialists. In general, as a digital signal processing engineer you will propose concepts to solve customer problems. You will help implement the system along with other system engineers by using technology assets across Viasat and our partners. The products and systems you will help define are in SIGINT, RADAR, and communication applications. You will help build system solutions to solve a wide range of radar and communication problems. You will work with interdisciplinary teams including Systems, Software, RF circuits, hardware engineers, and others.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject area
- Course work in random processing, communication theory, and/or spectral analysis
- Able to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship.
- Currently pursuing a Master's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related subject area
- Ability to perform system level analysis
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- Experience writing discrete-time simulations
- Knowledge of RF or networking fundamentals
- Knowledge of Space-Time Adaptive Processing (STAP)
- Knowledge of AESA/phased array, Radar, SIGINT, or electronic warfare
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!