Space Systems Engineer Intern
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
We support the analysis, design, and development of new communication satellite payloads! You will be supporting communication payload analysis and trade studies. As a member of the team you will perform system simulations for payload performance in the operational environments. You will develop specifications and interface control documents for payload components. You will also participate in system testing to include electrical/mechanical integration, thermal and vibration, and space qualification.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Course work in communication system theory, electrical engineering, or system design
- Experience using Solidworks, Matlab, Perl and/or Visual basic
- Ability to work on a multi-disciplined engineering development team
- Strong communication skills with peers and leadership
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Course work in communications, RF design, and digital signal processing
- Familiarity with “cubesat” or “smallsat” spacecraft or payload design
- Hands-on experience with electronics or mechanical system design, development, and delivery
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!