New Product Introduction Engineer Intern
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The role of New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer Intern is about being a value-added member on a product development team. In this role you will learn what it takes to be responsible for the fabrication, assembly, and delivery of prototype hardware. You will leverage and grow your skills in engineering, communication, problem solving, coordination, and leadership to achieve your goals and objectives. You will work with functional areas across the company as well as partners and suppliers outside of Viasat. You will coordinate the successful transition of products from development to production.
If your passion is to creatively tackle the issues and problems of new product development, if you crave the excitement, challenge, and responsibilities of manufacturing engineering from the engineering development perspective, and if you seek to guide the development of highly manufactured products into production, this Intern opportunity is for you.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering
- Basic understanding of production processes.
- Process improvement-oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Enjoy working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous internship experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience applying Lean Six Sigma principles
- Understanding of configuration management practices, including bills of material and engineering change orders
- Background working with printed wiring assemblies and/or electronics box builds
This role requires vaccination under current guidance applicable to Viasat. As such, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!