Industrial Engineer Intern
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The Industrial Engineering team develops solutions that improve quality and productivity through optimization of Viasat’s complex processes, systems, and organizations. The team supports commercial and government products as internal consultants to lead organization wide initiatives that increase manufacturing effectiveness and efficiency resulting in a better customer experience.
- Reduce cost and optimize capacity to improve factory operations using:
- Systems simulation and stochastic processes analysis
- ProModel - Process Simulator (or other modeling SW)
- Lean Six Sigma
- Statistical process control or quality control
- Calculate, propose, and implement new methods and processes for existing production systems.
- Manufacturing systems cost management & waste reduction
- Metrics Generation for support teams
- Create and implement tools to audit efficiency, and identify cost reduction opportunities
- Manage and communicate improvement opportunities and implementation plans
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- Previous internship experience OR academic supplement in Manufacturing/Process/ Industrial/Quality Engineering
- Comfortable engaging multiple cross functional teams
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement - Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week internship
- Creative problem solver, inquisitive
- Experience in Continuous Improvement – Lean Manufacturing
- Willingness to coach and training production team members in Lean best practices
- Experience conducting Time Studies and generating Standard Work
- Understanding of Process Mapping & Simulation
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!