Research, Development & Innovation (New Product Development) Intern
1.Research and Development
- Assists in developing process specification to (1) optimize quality of product and (2) ensure efficient production capabilities for new products.
- Work closely with New Product Development Scientist to learn, understand and provide insight into the products as they are developed.
- Assist in design, execution, & documentation of experiments.
- Assist in or conducts lab, pilot plant and plant testing incorporating simple design of experiments and statistical analysis and confirming approach with manager.
- Conducts an independent project with support and guidance from others
- Works as part of a team to deliver project results
- Documents trial protocols and reports and aligns with team on execution plans
- Assists in Trademark Excellence Development and Sensory (TEDS) projects to improve overall sensory (flavor/texture) scores of products.
- Works closely with TEDS to learn, understand and provide insight into the products and sensory analysis.
- Asist in design, execution, & documentation of experiments.
- Assists in product performance studies, Trademark definition and advancement projects while incorporating sensory understanding and statistical analysis.
2.Support for all RDI Teams
- Effectively participates on RDI projects.
- Adheres to standards and policies.
- Provides input to ensure depth and scientific quality of experiments.
- Conducts sample analysis on simple analytic equipment.
- Assists with or performs with some supervision semi-complex analysis and lab methods.
- Acquaints oneself with aspects of complex sample analysis on analytical equipment with supervisory support.
- Organize the data in meaningful tables, charts, or graphs to convey information in an easy-to-interpret format for team member.
- Effectively communicates (both in writing and orally) scientific results.
- Writes and documents project results in appropriate forms.
- Conducts simple statistical analysis through software programs.
- Delivers all assigned tasks on time.
- Participates in professional training, workshops and organizations.
- Maintains a functional and clean work area.
- Follows all safety and good laboratory practices.
- Keeps up to date on developing technologies and items related to research and development.
- Assist in writing and reviewing laboratory procedures.