Chemical Systems Entry Level Full-Time Positions
Chemical Engineering Entry Level Full-Time Positions
Please note: Your application will be considered for all of our open college positions in our US locations.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Chemical Engineer candidate to join our team specializing in Chemical Engineering for our Corporate Business in Columbus, IN and/or your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
This applied science position applies chemical principles that create and develop product functionalities which are integrated and sold into Cummins’ products. The position involves the research, design, analysis, testing and failure analysis of chemical-based products, including catalyst, substrates, sensors, batteries and fuel cells.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over an entry level engineer and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
- Involves minimal direct management of people but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or interns.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Chemical or Electrochemical Performance Testing
- Characterization of Chemical Systems
- Simulation of Chemical Systems
- System Capability Engineering
- Product Problem Solving
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
Degree Programs Considered: Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD
Major Programs Typically Considered: All Engineering Majors
Cummins Full Time Requirements:
- College, university or equivalent technical experience required
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Must be able to complete 40 hours per week
- 0-2 years in a position/internship relating to your field of study preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins