STRUCTURAL ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN - KIEWIT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Requisition ID: 122579
Job Level: Internship
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is looking for a student to intern and provide support to the structural engineering group in Burnaby, BC. Structural bridges and related civil structures but could include more general structural engineering, or temporary works design, as might be needed to support the organization
We are looking for a candidate who has an interest in structural engineering, first principles design, and specifically the interface between construction and engineering. They should be comfortable in both a team environment, working collaboratively with others, and working independently on assigned tasks, as required by the project.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This internship will be based out of our Burnaby, BC office.
- Assist in the preparation of structural designs including: research, structural calculations, structural analysis, and drawing preparation on projects of varying size and complexity.
- Apply department and industry standards when preparing calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
- Work effectively with the CAD/BIM team to produce design and construction drawings.
- Assist in project management tasks, including project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Proactive and reliable in your approach to assigned tasks.
- Desire to learn and contribute to project teams.
- Functional in the use of spreadsheets, word processors, and computer operations.
- Functional in the use of popular engineering design and drawing software (e.g., Autocad).
- Experience with structural analysis applications (e.g., CSiBridge, Midas) would be an asset but is not essential.
- Willingness to work in design office or construction site environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all project team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all project team members
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.