GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN - KIEWIT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
Location: Omaha, NE, US Englewood, CO, US Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 124432
Job Level: Internship
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Geotechnical Engineer Intern in our growing Geotechnical Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of either Omaha, NE, Lenexa, KS, or Denver, CO.
- Field engineering, operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating & supervision of field activities
- Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction
- Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
- Planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments
- Investigating problems and/or reported incidents; identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate
- Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
- Working with suppliers as required facilitating the handling and expediting delivery of materials
- Ability to travel or relocate as needed
- Ability to work full-time during the summer (approximately May-August)
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer Intern, Office Intern, Field Intern
Base Compensation: $15.00/hr - $23.00/hr
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.