Assistant Instrument & Controls Engineer- Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
The Assistant Instrument & Controls (I&C) Engineer will assist design teams within either the Oil, Gas & Chemical / Energy / or Global Facilities Global Practice to create world class designs for grassroots and revamp/brown field refining and chemical projects. The Assistant I&C Engineer will assist with the design team throughout the Engineering/design, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) process, adapting I&C plans according to assigned budget, schedule, engineering/design standards, and client requirements. The Assistant I&C Engineer will assist in providing deliverables for Front End Planning (FEP) and detailed design phases and support construction phase.
- Assist in preparing instrumentation engineering/design deliverables, including Instrument Index, Instrument Data Sheets, Instrument Installation Details, Instrument Location Plans, Wiring Diagrams, and Loop Diagrams.
- Assist with preparing control systems (DCS and/or PLC) and Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) Data Sheets.
- Assist with preparing controls design deliverables, including Input/Output (I/O) list, Process Control Narratives, Graphic Sketches, Cause & Effect Diagrams, Alarm Rationalization, and manage third party control system suppliers to comply with the control system design requirements, including participating in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Assist with preparing I&C purchase specifications, review bids, make technical recommendations and manage the overall purchase, review of I&C packages, and review of vendor documentation.
- Assist with working closely with the Process Engineering for development of P&ID's.
- Assist with performing process measurements such as temperature, pressure, flow, level, analyzers, and control valves.
- Utilize various technologies in selecting the appropriate I&C application.
- Assist with performing preliminary sizing calculations for instruments such as orifice plates, controls valves, relief valves, and thermowells.
- Assist with developing level sketches in conjunction with multiple departments.
- Apply knowledge of commonly used I&C engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the engineering services industry.
- Responsible for compliance with company and project site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related experience preferred.
- Involvement on campus or in the community.
- Basic knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic computer skills include AutoCAD, MicroStation, 2D and 3D rendering programs and other analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).